Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back without a bang:(

Hi,
I logged into this accoutn after a long time, and was surprised to see that my last post was in July 2007, an astonishing 7-8 months ago. Time flies. I dint even realize that its been such a long time since I am absent from this blog.

Here's an update on what all I have done and not done in last few months-
The not-so-nice-to-look-at first:
1. Previous assignment- Moved away from the group with which I was associated for almost 5 years. In some ways, this is not what I wanted to do but then you dont always have a choice.
2. Assignment now- I have been given a different asisgnment, and this one sucks. No, not because the work is not interesting or people are difficult to handle but because I am not working and I have been quite passive about my work. The writing on the wall is clear- have to finish my assignment, report, presentation in next 6 weeks, and then decide whether I want to stay here and carry on or move to a different department within same organization. I am just wondering how my superior is gonna evalauate me....my performance on this particular assignment surely sucks
3. GMAT Prep- Have not done anything except register on www.mba.com and take a date for the test- 2nd april. Yes thats the date that I have taken. I am on my 4th day of prep and gmat is 47 days away. I am buying OG 11 and Kaplan today, have finished a large part of PR already.
4. Arguments, fights on-n-off with my loved ones. (Why do I need to have such strong opinions about everything...ahh)
5. Oh I was refused a visa for visiting a country because one of the pages had some watermark---had to get a new passpost in a jiffy, and now waiting for my visa. Now this reminds me I need to update my passport details with Pearson Vue. (now see this is the benefit of blogging.)
6. New year resolutions made and not kept.
7. Had a very unpleasant experience in the workplace---will never be able to forget it.

Now some nice-things-to-look-at:
1. Moved into a nice, big, better looking apartment last year.
2. Got my first car (Oh thats a different thing that got few dents/marks here and there ,with me being a first time user, and yes, have claimed insurance once (that was a freak accident----I bunked second half of my office on a windy rainy day to go out and do something different---and not spoil the mood by sitting inside and look at rain from the window of my office----thanks to low visibility and one wrong move, the front door on left side of car got a big ugly looking dent. only good news- got all other dents etc fixed while claiming insurance! Alright for the awareness of readers- people generally say that if you can drive in the city that I reside in, you can drive anywhere in the world--dont be a morose, let me help myself in getting my spirits high)
3. Sister's marriage is fixed. She moved to a different city, and got a better job.
4. Participated in a big event at the Group level, and reached National Finals.
5. Got in touch with some long lost friends thru orkut.

So, thats all as of now. I wanted to sum up the key things that have happened in last few months and will write another post for the things which await in the future.

Cyaa

2 comments:

Canary said...

Hey.. just dropped by from another blog.. So whats up with ur GMAT now? :)

Sharer said...

GMAT Test

Nice blog on gmat mba !!thx for posting it.me too a blogger

IIM MBA CAT